City of Village of Douglas Officials

City Manager

William LeFevere


Jim Wiley

Mayor Pro Tem

Greg Harvath


Jean Neve


Robert Drexler

Deputy Clerk

Pam Aalderink

Planning Director

Lisa Imus

Council Members

Neal Seabert

Eric Smith

Bill Japina

Kathryn Mooradian

Lisa Greenwood

City of Village of Douglas Offices

Douglas City Hall

86 West Center Street

PO Box 757

Douglas, Michigan 49406-0757

Phone:  (269) 857-1438

Fax:  (269) 857-4751

City of Village of Douglas Council Meetings

Dates:  1st & 3rd Mondays of Month

Time:  7:00 PM

Place:  Douglas City Hall



In 1851, Jonathan Wade bought land, and built a house, and laid out a village south of present Center Street, naming it Dudleyville for his brother, Dudley Wade, of Canada.  Soon after, William Dutcher bought and platted the land north of Center Street, naming it Dutcherville.  In 1861 he bought the north half of Mr. Wade’s land and, putting the two parcels together, plated the village.  At the suggestion of his son-in-law, Colonel Fred May, he named it after the town of Douglas, on the Isle of Man, whence came the ancestors of the Mays.  Contrary to this, Fred Wade, nephew of Jonathan Wade, stated he was at a meeting where it was named for the American statesman, Stephen A. Douglas.  Dyer C. Putnam became its first postmaster on March 27, 1866.  Douglas incorporated as a village in 1870, and as a city in 2004.

Permit Application Downloads

(requires Adobe Reader)

Building Permit Application
Building Permit Information
Electrical Permit Application
Mechanical Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application


web page hosted by: